Friday, May 20, 2011

How do you find openings for teachers in other states?


How do you find openings for teachers in other states?
Is there a web site or something for all available teaching positions in all the states? I live in Maryland and I remember when I was looking for teaching positions my certification program put me on some kind of list and I started getting calls for interviews. But there was never a master list for me to look at. I want to move to El Paso with my boyfriend but I want to know what teaching positions are available. How can I find this out without having to fly down to Texas/call a bunch of schools in Texas?
Teaching - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try this. It is the state board of education website. There are links to positions available in Texas http://www.tea.state.tx.us/hr/educempres.html
2 :
The above link will serve as a starting point for your search. You will also need to find out how to become certified in Texas. Not all states offer reciprocal certification. El Paso is a large city. Looking on a map of EL Paso, locate a section of the city where you might want to live. Locate surrounding school districts and check out each district's website. Each website should have info from their Human Resources to indiciate what positions are available and how to submit an application. Also check back to that TX State of Ed. website to gather more info about recent test scores and demographics about the districts. I believe TX has also adopted a similar policy that Arizona has in requiring all educators to be ELL/ESL certified. Not 100% sure, but do check into that endorsement. Best of luck to you!